Reel Fed Labelling
A Reel-fed OPP Labelling Machine is a versatile machine that offers various advantages:
- Long period of autonomy
- Large capacity label reels minimise operator workload
- Precise label placement guaranteed by positive container positioning via centring bells and centering plates
- Low hot glue consumption
- Short changeover times in case of container or label changes
Reel fed labellers are suitable for wrap-around labels and cylindrical or shaped containers, and the most important feature of our Reel fed labelling machines is that they can reach a speed of 1,200 BPM with a single labelling station, and use Nordson hot glue applicators.
This is an important advantage in comparison with competing technologies.
- The film traction roller is controlled by an independent servo-motor which adjusts the film feeding speed in accordance with the label's pitch (spot or other reference).
- On our machine, the label is completely cut on the cutting drum before being transferred to the bottle by means of the vacuum drum.
- The label takes on its final vertical and horizontal position on the cutting drum. The label is transferred to the vacuum drum without any slipping movement.
- The label constantly and permanently covers the same vacuum drum sector.
- All sliding movements have been eliminated and the vital parts of the vacuum transfer drum are always protected by the label presence, avoiding the problem of glue residuals dirtying. A very thin layer of glue is used. The glue consumption is about 500 gr. every 100,000 bottles.
Oriented Poly Propylene (OPP) film is now widely used when labelling high-volume PET containers in applications such as filling water and soft drinks.
"I have absolutely no qualms in recommending IC Filling Systems as a good and reputable company to deal with."
- Jim Quigley, Bottling Manager, Inver House Distillers.
“IC Filling Systems provided our first bottle line that never let us down despite the incredible work load it was asked to perform. As more equipment arrives to further reinforce and advance not just the Mk2 bottle line but the business as a whole, IC Filling Systems will remain our partner of choice. Reliable, consistent and robust.”
- Iain Kerr, Wolfburn Distillery
"IC Filling Systems installed a new 7,000bph 20-20-5 Neck Handling PET Filler which we are extremely satisfied with. We were provided with excellent customer support from start to finish as well as being provided with a dedicated project engineer to assist with the whole process. Thanks to all the team at IC Filling Systems."
"Purchased a beer filter, 2 head keg filler and 551 bottle filler. We have received great support and our machines are running very well."
- Eben Uys, The Mad Brew Master, Mad Giant, South Africa
For detailed information
Contact our Sales Director Marco Solferini by calling
+39 0141 162 0091 or +39 0141 74166 (Italy)
+44 1865 520 083 (UK)
or +1 707 236 6353 (US)
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Search this site...