Reel Fed Labelling
A Reel-fed OPP Labelling Machine is a versatile machine that offers various advantages:
- Long period of autonomy
- Large capacity label reels minimise operator workload
- Precise label placement guaranteed by positive container positioning via centring bells and centering plates
- Low hot glue consumption
- Short changeover times in case of container or label changes
Reel fed labellers are suitable for wrap-around labels and cylindrical or shaped containers, and the most important feature of our Reel fed labelling machines is that they can reach a speed of 1,200 BPM with a single labelling station, and use Nordson hot glue applicators.
This is an important advantage in comparison with competing technologies.
- The film traction roller is controlled by an independent servo-motor which adjusts the film feeding speed in accordance with the label's pitch (spot or other reference).
- On our machine, the label is completely cut on the cutting drum before being transferred to the bottle by means of the vacuum drum.
- The label takes on its final vertical and horizontal position on the cutting drum. The label is transferred to the vacuum drum without any slipping movement.
- The label constantly and permanently covers the same vacuum drum sector.
- All sliding movements have been eliminated and the vital parts of the vacuum transfer drum are always protected by the label presence, avoiding the problem of glue residuals dirtying. A very thin layer of glue is used. The glue consumption is about 500 gr. every 100,000 bottles.
Oriented Poly Propylene (OPP) film is now widely used when labelling high-volume PET containers in applications such as filling water and soft drinks.
Contact IC Filling Systems…
For detailed information, contact our Sales Director Marco Solferini by calling +39 0141 74166 or +39 035 046 0297 (Italy) +44 1865 520 083 (UK) or +1 707 236 6353 (US).
Alternatively, use the contact form below, or request a quotation.
Send us your enquiry now...
Tell us what you need to know, and we'll respond promptly.
"I have absolutely no qualms in recommending IC Filling Systems as a good and reputable company to deal with." - Jim Quigley, Bottling Manager, Inver House Distillers.
"IC Filling Systems installed a new 7,000bph 20-20-5 Neck Handling PET Filler which we are extremely satisfied with. We were provided with excellent customer support from start to finish as well as being provided with a dedicated project engineer to assist with the whole process. Thanks to all the team at IC Filling Systems." - Cheddar Water Ltd
"Purchased a beer filter, 2 head keg filler and 551 bottle filler. We have received great support and our machines are running very well." - Eben Uys, The Mad Brew Master, Mad Giant, South Africa